Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Daughter - An Interesting Person

This is Dani.  It's hard to imagine what your children will be like.  She's not what I expected...though I honestly don't know what I expected.  I never thought I'd have a blond child, but I do.  She looks like her father with the exception of my brown eyes.  She's a quiet child, something else I wasn't planning on.  At times she's shy, other times she's silly and loud. 














I think Dani likes pink.  It's hard to tell, but she often picks it out...thought it might just be because we don't have a lot of pink stuff around.  Her favorite pair of shoes are red and glittery....though other days she wears green frog boots.

Dani loves to play outside.  She likes to lay on the front steps for some odd reason.  Whenever I lay out a towel to keep my butt from getting cold on the bricks she takes it over as a bed.  She loves to watch birds and squirrels, collect leaves, pick up sticks, look at bugs, and watch airplanes fly over.

 She loves trucks...
And making cookies...
Making music...
Going out to lunch with her aunt...
And about a million other things...like dolls, dinosaur sweaters, castles, dragons, shoes, flowers, butterflies, doggies, cats, frogs, turtles, Miyazaki films, singing songs, dancing, tutus, stuffed animals, books, markers, paint, cooking, dress up clothes, slides, bathtime, puzzles, popcorn, scissors, eggs with ketchup, bikes, and piggie-back rides.

No, she's not what I expected.  She's herself, and that's just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment