Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recon - Decorating the Bird Tree

When I was a child we would get a bit of extra life out of the family Christmas tree each year by moving it out into the yard and decorating it for the birds.  Up until this year my husband and I had used an artificial tree due to living in an apartment (the 3rd floor no less) and had no desire to deal with the mess of taking a live tree in and out of the apartment....however this year we're renting a house and I was absolutely thrilled at the prospect of having a real Christmas tree!  And more so than having a real tree inside, I have been dying to continue the bird-tree tradition with my toddler (who, by the way, loves birds!)

While we only ever made the pine cones rolled in peanut butter and birdseed, I'd like to branch out a bit.

Tutorial & Link Recon -
Classic Pine Cone Feeders
Thrifty Birdseed Ornaments
Birdseed & Gelatin Ornaments
Orange Peel Bird Feeder Cups
Holiday Treats For Wild Birds
Bird Food Cake
Popcorn & Fruit Strings
Popcorn & Fruit Garland
Speedy Bird Cake

Coming soon: Our experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment